The following are some of the general objectives emphasized by the Western Mountain Little Guy Wrestling Porgram.
Evergreen Wrestling Club subscribes to these objectives and implements them and it is our hope that all organizers, directors and coaches will promote these ideals as they administer their own programs.
1. Teach the athletes to be responsible for their own actions.
2. Provide opportunities for achievement to all athletes.
3. Provide an opportunity for each athlete to compete with other athletes their age, weight, and in most cases, at their same ability level.
4. Help athletes realize the correlation between hard work and success.
5. Maintain a short (six week) season to maintain a high interest level in the participants.
6. Discourage weight reduction and promote healthy weight management and proper nutrition.